Mag. Christian Lenz
Christian Lenz is a lawyer with BTP and specializes in capital markets, banking law and civil litigation.
He represents numerous banks and financial services companies in judicial and administrative proceedings, mainly in cases of alleged negligent advice in connection with complex financial products. With this experience, he advises his clients in creating contracts and promotional materials as well as effective deterrence measures.
He regularly holds lectures on areas within his realm of expertise.
Attorney and associate at Brandl & Talos (since 2007), trainee lawyer in a prestigious Austrian law firm (2004–2007).
Degree & Training
University of Vienna, Faculty of Law (Mag. iur. 2002).
Languages: German, English
- Representation of the leading Austrian banks before court regarding alleged incorrect advice on financial products.
- Representation of banks and financial service providers before the Austrian Supreme Administrative Court and Constitutional Court in the context of regulatory proceedings and administrative criminal proceedings.
- Representation of banks and financial service providers in proceedings initiated by large numbers of investors (inter alia, coordination of more than 100 civil cases with more than 1,700 plaintiffs and a total matter value exceeding EUR 50m as well as representation of an issuer in more than 50 pending civil procedures).
- Successful representation of an Austrian bank before the Austrian Supreme Court in a proceedings regarding an investor claim. In its judgment the Supreme Court confirmed our opinion that by signing an agreement to order share purchases/sales via telephone without prior financial advice, a customer acknowledges that the bank only processes orders received by phone but does not provide any financial advice.
- Representation of an Austrian bank and coordination of more than 100 civil cases with more than 1,700 plaintiffs and a total matter value exceeding EUR 50m in proceedings regarding liability as a depositary bank.
- Representation of an issuer of pension products in more than 60 pending civil proceedings.
- Representation of several Austrian banks in investor proceedings regarding trading of closed funds.
Wenn nicht erlaubt, verboten! (DE) Journal Article
Geschlossener Fonds: Pflicht zur Beratung über Weichkosten (DE) Journal Article
Das neue österreichische Verbraucherkreditrecht (DE) Journal Article